Monday, November 24, 2008

8.46a.m on 9/11 Part 7

I was worried. Period.I just wanted to go home NOW. This time, I decided to run . There was no turning back . Suddenly, the media came like a wave as unwelcome as a tsunami , even CNN 's here , many reporters were rushing towards me, just like a stampede , but a minor one. I wriggled through the people , and i turned back and looked, then closed my eyes at the ultimatum, the wind blew, it was cold and i let it kiss my cheek tenderly, and finally walked away. When I walked away, I felt the checks and balances of the reporters stares, but I ignored it. Every step felt like a thunderstorm behind my eyes.

I reached home, and opened my front door, and it hinged like the jaw of the dragon, the dramatic sigh when it came to a stop, that loud. Out of the blue, I heard a familiar voice that shouted : ' Daddy! Daddy! ' My face that was just now looking to the ground now slowly looked up and I drew a smile on my face. It was my son, Jared Alexander Crawford calling me, welcoming me back from for what i call 'work'. He jumped and leaped into my arms , i felt the sense of trust my son has given to me from the day he was born , and I 'm so very proud to be a father and a husband to the most amazing , sexiest, beautiful, Smartest woman in my life . My wife walked in to the corridor with Sarah on the other hand and she puts her down . Fast. And touched my face. Oh, I'm with her again.I saw her tears welled in her deep blue eyes and rose along the watermark of her throat.Then , my daughter asked : ' Daddy? why are you back early ? ' I said ' Because I missed you a lot, Sarah, Jared and Mommy too." Angie came close to me and whispered :' Don't you dare even do that again Colin Alexander Crawford , I tell you . It breaks my heart, I just don't know how to live my life without you , do you realize that? ' My only daughter hugged me tightly at my leg and i gave her a chuckle then i kissed her on the forehead, she then disappeared into the tv room. She touched my face , to ensure whether i'm alive or not .


We were alone , ,I tried to dislodge my words, but nothing came through , I smiled and nodded . We stared at each other . Her mouth softened with relief , tears were still in her eyes, looking at her pout mouth, I held her near, not wanting to lose her again , and her skin smelled of evergreen and spearmint, this close. We kissed this time feeling each other's heart pounding through our very own chests. Then , a mottled flush rose up her neck , as if memory could be burned into the flesh. I quietly said ' I love you , Angie' , we hugged, as I wipe off her tears on her soft cheeks. It was 9.00 a.m.

0 'lectures':