Sunday, November 23, 2008

8.46a.m on 9/11 Part 5

Every bit and inch of the city was filled with screams, shouts and sirens of police cars and fire engines. In just ten minutes, i could see a few people lying dead by the roadside , unconsious, in front of my very own eyes. I froze for a moment, not believing what i had seen a while ago . I ran again , this time, I could feel a trickle of sweat running down my spine . I was running to my family . My wife - Angie , she was my sustenance . My eyes were now heavy with all the scenarios that had just happened . Suddenly, reality sank in. The World Trade Center had come undersiege.



Out of the blue, the song ' Tonight I Celebrate My Love' rang in my left pocket. I scrambled it out and read the screen and it said 'Angie calling .....' I picked it up . ' Hello? Angie, yeah , I 'm fine , running home now..The World Trade Center is crushing down ...and lots of people are dead, lying unconcious on the road, Oh God , it's a mess, it's chaos ! How's Jared and Sarah ? Are they Alright? What bout y-??' and the line was cut off, all i could hear was my wife's cries when i was talking , I controlled myself , i had to walk up to her and tell her that i'm ok, and I love her, that's all i wanted to say. I picked myself up , and walked away from the scene.

0 'lectures':