Sunday, November 23, 2008

8.46a.m on 9/11 Part 4

I came down , after a shower, the kids were still in their sleep. I saw my phone, and it said that there's one message there and i pressed the button for it to repeat. ' Angie , this is me , Colin , take care of Jared and Sarah , take care of yourself too, I'm safe, and I love you, don't worry about me . ok ?" i knew who was on the phone, it was my husband Colin Alexander Crawford. i quickly switched on the tv and watch the breaking news , and it was soon enough to know what was happening out there in Lower Manhattan.

My beloved husband , the one whom i met in Harvard University , who was studying Corporate Law at that time. He was brilliant , sexy , handsome, gentle , caring , romantic and a man every girl would die for , but he was mine. It was love at first sight, it was Autumn ,the second year i was in Harvard studying Buisness and also the second year for him studying Corporate Law. He was the one who chased me in Harvard , asked me out on dates . He was the one who proposed to me , everything he did was perfect, nothing and nobody could beat him in whatever he did . We were married on July 12th 1993 in Hawaii, on the beach , it was all so white and lovely,just the way i wanted it to be . We've been married for 15 years . He was the one who took me around the world and donated thousands to war-torn countries,he was the one who gave me suprises, the one that listens to me intently with his deep blue eyes and his blond hair swept across his head . We had quite a number of Honeymoons because i know his love for me is unconditional , and so do i love him so much . In our 15 years of our marriage, we've never screamed at each other , but had our disagreements , it was just a perfect marriage. He's been honest , loyal , and trustworthy for all these years . Oh, these things suddenly rush through my memory box , but , suddenly hearing him on the phone in this shaky, scared voice, it made my heart break , he was my only love and nothing more than that. 'Oh My God ! Oh My God ! Please help my husband ! I beg you ! ' I screamed my heart out , i was sad, depressed , confused. My God, i thought to myself, what will happen to the kids's dad ? My kids adore my husband, they love him, he's the soft hearted one between me and him , i am the disiplinarian at home . I remembered my husband saying everyday in the morning , ' Good morning, luv'.Yes, it's simple and plain, but, it meant alot to me. My husband's an Irish , that's what makes him funny with his accents, i suddenly laughed, deep in thought . I pressed the button replay, and my husband's voice repeated again , this time , my 4 year old son , Jared Alexander that was awakened by my screams, called me ' Mommy ? Where's Daddy? ' I turned, I looked at him at his curious blue eyes, still in a daze , he inherited my husband's good looks , standing at the staircase holding his bear named Barney and still in his pyjamas. He ran to me and hugged me . He asked me timidly', Mommy? Where's Daddy ? Why are you crying?' I heard his innocent questions , i did not know what to say , and finally said, ' Honey, Daddy's at work and his alright , and i feel sad , just be quiet for a moment okay ? i'll make you some pancakes okay ? Would you like that ?' 'Yeah, pancakes ! Mom ? Can you put some honey on it ? ' ' Yeah , sure.' I hugged him ,tight . I suddenly felt my eyes welled up with tears . I need to call him NOW. PERIOD .

0 'lectures':