Sunday, November 23, 2008

8.46a.m on 9/11 Part 6

"Jared, can you give me a minute ?Let me make a call to Daddy okay ?" I said , trying to cool myself down . My son who was still at my leghugging it tight ,mumbled ' okay' he said. I picked up my phone and dialled my husband's number , and waited, this time my son was sitting on the couch switching channels to Cartoon Network , and he suddenly laughed. Looking at him laughing was such joy, because a kid like him is too young to know what was happening to his very own father, he's still innocent , looking at his little face made me smile . ' Hello? Angie, yeah , I 'm fine , running home now..The World Trade Center is crushing down ...and lots of people are dead, lying unconscious on the road, Oh God , it's a mess, it's chaos ! How's Jared and Sarah ? Are they Alright? What bout y-??' I was about to answer and ask him how is he at this moment but the line cut off. Shit. I thought of it to the worst , but i told myself ,he just can't do that , leaving me and the kids . I turned, clasping my mouth , holding myself tight , controlling my emotions , and my 3 year old daughter came down step by step . I looked at her pout mouth, and i smiled , she smiled too. I asked,' Good Morning, S, want any pancakes??' She smiled and nodded slowly and came and gave me a hug . I got up and switched on the stove and tried to put a smile on my face not telling them what's their father going through right at this moment.

1 'lectures':

TheSadHeron said...

Why do you keep writing about 9/11? and where are you getting the story? It's quite good. Very biographical...